Stay up to date on the latest event news, ticket sale info and Marina gossip by “liking” The Mr. Marina Facebook Page.
Once Is A Chance, Twice is A Pattern, Three Times Is A Tradition.
The Mr. Marina Competition will be back for its third year running in Spring 2014! We are looking forward to continuing the legacy and are currently seeking talent that lives up to the caliber of our past years’ contestants.
Nominate your favorite Marina men for their chance to be crowned Mr. Marina 2014 here. All nominations are completely confidential, and all nominees will be notified that they have been officially nominated via email. If nominees are selected as a finalist, they will be notified by November 22nd, 2013.
The Mr. Marina Competition is the culmination of the search to find the man who most embodies the spirit of San Francisco’s Marina District. While Mr. Marina does not have to live in the 94123, he needs to epitomize the values of the neighborhood. The competition evening itself consists of three rounds: a swimwear portion, a talent section, and a Q&A round where each contestant showcases their best “Marina-wear” look. Finalists are scored by a panel of local celebrity judges. They also fundraise for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society in the weeks leading up to the competition. Each year, over 1,200 of San Francisco’s finest residents converge on the event to enjoy a night of lively entertainment and, no doubt, to witness history in the making.
In addition to the endless glory that comes with holding the title, Mr. Marina will win exciting perks spanning Union Street to Chestnut Street including free drinks, restaurant gift certificates, hosted parties and local shopping discounts throughout the year of his reign. And last but not least, the winner’s name will be engraved on the Mr. Marina plaque for all eternity. Imagine what the grandkids will say!
The Mr. Marina Competition is hosted by Team Slap Cancer, a group of young professionals that fundraise on behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Leukemia Lymphoma Society in support of the fight against blood cancer. In the first two years, The Mr. Marina Competition has raised a total of over $180,000 for LLS!
Congratulations to our 2013 winner, Ismail “Ish” Simpson!
For the year of his reign, Ish is entitled to:
- A Bonobos “Beer and Pants Party” with 2 friends
- 3 month membership to Equinox
- Complimentary bottomless mimosas at Bin 38 Sunday Brunch
- A pair of Chubbies shorts for every season
- Reservations for the back patio at Lightening Tavern with a $250 bar tab
- An afterparty at HiFi with a $300 bar tab
- $100 to Tacolicious, $100 to Brixton and $100 to Mas Sake
- A Mr. Marina drink (shot + beer) of his choice on the menu at Brick Yard
- 12 months worth of Argoz argyle socks
- $250 credit for Ski Tickets from Liftopia
- $100 to Ace Wasabi + a round of sake bombs
- His name engraved on the Mr. Marina plaque