Mr. Marina 2013 will be Wednesday, March 20th, 2013
The inaugural year was a huge success with 1,000 people at Mezzanine. We are looking forward to continuing the legacy, and tickets will be released Friday, January 18th via the Eventbrite ticketing page.
Do you know someone that…
Regularly runs along Crissy Field
Enjoys a Balboa Burger with a side of cougar
Has attempted to pick up a date at the Bay Street Safeway
Has been known to pop collar(s) and wear pastels
Can see the Golden Gate Bridge from his rooftop when the fog disappears
In addition to the endless glory that comes with holding the title, Mr. Marina will have great perks spanning Union Street to Chestnut Street including free drinks, restaurant gift certificates, and local shopping discounts throughout the year of his reign. And last but not least, the winner’s name will be engraved on the Mr. Marina plaque for all eternity. Imagine what the grandkids will say!
The Mr. Marina competition is hosted by Team Slap Cancer, a group of young professionals that fundraise on behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Leukemia Lymphoma Society in support of the fight against blood cancer.
Congratulations to our 2012 winner, Chris Clark!
In his honor, anyone can order the Mr. Marina cocktail at Balboa for all of 2012 (hint: it’s a Stoli + soda) and a portion will be donated to LLS.
For the year of his reign, Chris Clark is entitled to:
- His name engraved on a plaque that will be hung at Bar None
- Bottomless mimosas at CIRCA every Saturday
- 10% off all Uber rides that end in the Marina (because when Mr. Marina returns to his kingdom, he needs to do it in style)
- A Mr. Marina drink named after him at Comet Club
- A pair of Chubbies Shorts for every season
- 12 months worth of Mantanks
- An after party at HiFi with a $300 bar tab
- 1 month of free laundry with Laundry Locker
- An Eastside West Prize Package
- $100 to Mas Sake
- Pizza Party at Patxis for his friends, with his picture featured on every table
If anyone wants a limited edition 2012 Mr. Marina Calendar, we still have about 10 left over! You can let us know via our Facebook page.